Environmental Management Systems
The Landfill of North Iowa (LNI) is committed to developing and maintaining an Environmental Management System to enhance environmental stewardship throughout the Landfill of North Iowa’s planning area. The landfill is committed to providing the highest level of service while operating in a safe, responsible manner that protects the environment, health and safety of our employees, members, and community.
LNI employees are expected to understand, promote and assist in the implantation of this policy through their daily living activities and making it part of the LNI culture.
· Pollution Prevention- LNI will identify and minimize or prevent releases to air, water and land. Employees will follow best management practices to reduce negative impacts.
· Regulatory Compliance- LNI will meet or exceed all relevant environmental legislative, regulatory, permit and other standards associated with our industry.
· Continual Improvement- LNI will constantly look for ways to improve our environmental performance using this policy as the basis upon which we set our objectives and targets that can be measured and evaluated.
· Training- LNI will provide the necessary tools and recourses for employees, members, and contractors to create awareness if LNI’s impacts, protect health and safety, comply with rules and regulations, and support our environmental objectives.
· Outreach- LNI will collaborate with and educate the public, members, vendors, and contractors on our commitment to health, safety, and environmental stewardship.
EMS efforts are led by a core team of staff members. Members of the core team actively solicit input from the LNI employees. As objectives and targets are developed, activities will be tracked by the core team, evaluated by management and communicated to the entire staff and Board of Directors on a regular basis.