Habitat for Humanity ReStore
The LNI has partnered with the North Central Iowa Habitat for Humanity ReStore to provide a convenient drop off location.
Do you have some items that are no longer of use to you, however, are not trash? Keep these items out of the Landfill by dropping them off at the ReStore FREE of charge. Remember “one man’s trash, is another man's treasure.”
Donations ACCEPTED Include…
- Furniture (neutral colors preferred) cannot be torn, stained, have missing pieces.
- Home Décor – dishes, picture, decorations, ect.
- New/used full paint cans (non-oil-based)
- Appliances (in working condition, refrigerators, microwaves, stoves, etc.)
- Exercise equipment-must be in good working condition
- Interior/Exterior and closet doors
- Windows, no single pane; cannot be more than 15 years old
- Sinks-cannot be stained or chipped
- Countertops-no chips, or odd shapes
- Cabinets- no missing drawers, must be in good condition
- Ceiling fans
- Full boxes of tile (vinyl, ceramic, etc.)
- Carpet-enough for a complete room, no little pieces
- Full boxes of hardwood flooring (laminate or real wood)
- Hardware (doorknobs, hinges, handles, etc.)
- Power hand tools
* All donations listed above are greatly appreciated and must be in working order.
Donations NOT Accepted…
- Partial paint cans or oil-based paint
- Broken electronics/appliances
- Console TV’s
- Unframed mirror/glass
- Old exercise equipment-Must be 5 years or newer
- Tires, automotive parts
- Cubicles/office partitions
- CRT Computer monitors and computer equipment
- Dimensional lumber or trim less than 6’ long
- No partial boxes of flooring
- Glass shower doors
- Broken or damaged doors (interior or exterior)
- Sheet goods (drywall, plywood, etc.) less than ½ sheet
- Any materials containing (or may contain) asbestos (very old shingles, tile, mastic or insulation)
* This list is NOT All-inclusive. ALL donations are Accepted or Denied at the discretion of the Habitat Staff and Volunteers. Any questions call the Habitat ReStore at 641-423-1688.